Victoria has been opened up…in some ways!
How thankful we are that we have been able to curb the pandemic in such a way that the Victorian Government were willing to open up many areas of our society. As we engage our hard-earned freedoms, we should be guided by the wisdom found in scriptures:
'You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbour as yourself.” If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other. '
Galatians 5:13-15 NIV
The apostle Paul gives us three important truths that will help us navigate freedom amidst a secular culture:
- Freedom is God’s ideal and even a calling on man’s life. This implies that it is a gift and a responsibility at the same time. Let’s steward it well!
- With freedom comes the risk of an attitude of consumerism where some will want to indulge up to the point where their indulgence may present risk for those around them.
- Freedom is an open door to serve and love one another.
As the Elders, Pastors and Staff we can’t wait to be able to serve you and give you the opportunity to express your freedom through serving again! So, what are we as church allowed to do since the announcement was made on Monday afternoon?
Victoria is in the Third Step of Covid-19 restrictions
- Outdoor religious gatherings near a place of worship for up to 20 people plus a faith leader are allowed.
- Indoor religious ceremonies are allowed with up to 10 people plus a faith leader.
- While attending a religious gathering or ceremony there are steps you need to take to keep yourself and others safe including not sharing food, drink or items. These steps are referred to as a “Covid-safe plan” and ours is already prepared and being executed.
- Mask wearing is compulsory with all ceremonies.
- Contact tracing is compulsory, so all gatherings onsite will have a registration process that will include people’s first names and their preferred contact number.
- Random access to the church facilities without ceremonial activity is not permissible.
- Staff may visit the church office premises for work-related functions that cannot be done from home.
More information on this can be found on the following page: www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/religion-and-ceremony-metropolitan-melbourne-third-step
As this letter is sent to you, we as Pastors are in a process of consultation and collaboration to assess what the next step of restrictions may imply for us as a church (these will come into effect on the 8th of November. For now, we want to urge you to keep following us on Facebook, YouTube or Instagram and online services.
Download our Covid-Safe plan for your information.
Life Group guidance
We do advise that all Life Groups gather online until visiting at each other’s homes are allowed to include more than two families. Life Group gatherings are perceived as Religious Gatherings (which are only permitted on or close to Religious Premises).
- Life groups of up to 20 people can meet outdoors proximate to the church but will need a faith leader permit, abide by the covid safe plan and only 1 life group at a time.
- Life groups of up to 10 people can meet outdoors in a public place. Obviously, multiple life groups can meet outdoors.
- Care visits of 2 people from 1 household to another but only once a day. Can only visit or be visited once a day.
5-week Mental Health series
Do you know someone who would greatly benefit from professional counsellors helping them finally know how to lift the trauma and blame over their own life, and identify key steps to finding forgiveness?
This fantastic series is now available in one single, easy to follow format. Which includes full messages, pursue your purpose short messages by Graeme Cann and individual testimonies.
Equip your family and friends with key steps to finding hope and purpose.
Share from our website, YouTube playlist or Facebook playlist.
Remember our City-wide prayer event!
“Casey Church Unite” is a day of fasting and prayer, that church leaders in the City of Casey are calling as a response to the various outcomes brought about by the current pandemic. We feel a directive from the Lord based on Joel 1 and 2 to call for a “sacred assembly” and for His Church to come together in unity.
“Consecrate a fast, call a sacred assembly;
Gather the elders and all the inhabitants of the land
Into the house of the Lord your God,
And cry out to the Lord.” (Joel 1:14 NKJV)
Based on current restrictions, we have scheduled a 4 Hour live Zoom prayer on 1st of November 2020 from 1pm to 5pm. The body of Christ from various churches will unite in prayer as we stand in the gap in full expectation for God to act on behalf of His people in a significant way.
Our Focused theme:
- Repent – Joel 1:13 – 14, Nehemiah 1:4
- Return – Joel 2:13
- Restore – Joel 2:25
- Rebuild – Nehemiah 2:5
Thank you for responding and allowing the Spirit of the Lord to draw His Church together that the sounds of His children crying out and rejoicing in hope will transform the landscape of our City and Nation. We collectively call on the Lord to release Kingdom resources – “may your Kingdom be established here on earth as it is in Heaven (Mt 6:10).
We are hungry to see the Lord pour out His Spirit over the Great Southland of the Holy Spirit and expectant with excitement for the Lord to inhabit our praises as one people, with one voice, declaring His Lordship.
Program Outline – 4 Hour live Zoom prayer on 1st of November 2020 from 1pm to 5pm
To lead the prayer time starting off with their worship/music focusing on one of 4 stated themes.
First Hour (1pm to 2pm) – Repentance
1.00pm – 1.30pm Casey City Church
1.30pm – 2.00pm Turning Point Community Church
Second Hour (2pm to 3pm) – Return
2.00pm – 2.30pm Uwezo Church
2.30pm – 3.00pm Reveal Church
Third Hour (3pm to 4pm) – Restore
3.00pm – 3.30pm Urban Praise Fellowship
3.30pm – 4.00pm Winepress
Fourth Hour (4pm to 5pm) – Rebuild
4.00pm – 4.30pm C3 Community Church
4.30pm – 5.00pm Berwick Church of Christ
Click on the link or QR Code provided to take you into the Zoom platform and based on the numbers present, you may be randomly assigned to a zoom room giving you the opportunity to pray with others who may not be from your church.
Click to join ‘Casey Churches Unite’ Zoom meeting.
Please attend the sessions prior to your church where possible. We encourage you to participate as much as you feel comfortable and available through the 4 hours – it's an amazing experience as believers pray in unity as one body!
Please take time to meditate on key suggested scriptures (but not limited to) that embody each theme and each hour –
- Repentance – Joel 1:14; Joel 1:16-19
- Return – Joel 2:12; Zachariah 1:3; Nehemiah 1:9; Hosea 14:2
- Restore – Joel 2:25a, 26a; Joel 2:19–21; Joel 2:28-32
- Rebuild – Nehemiah 2:5; Isaiah 61:4-9
The Lord will, I’m sure, also reveal other promises to declare and pray into – please do not hesitate to pray, declare and share in the chat section so we get to compile what the Lord is releasing through His people for such as time as this!
Please feel free but also be conscious that we come from various denominations and therefore bring the flavour of our church and denomination. This is something to truly celebrate and is not intended to keep us apart. As such, we request that prayer/intercession and prophetic words shared be undergirded with scripture and glorifying Jesus – His Name be lifted and glorified as none of His promises will fall to the ground and shall not return void!
Upon entry in the zoom room please mute yourself to sing along (or play your own instrument at home!). When appropriate, please raise your hand (select “RAISE HAND” feature in participants menu) and the HOST will UNMUTE you to pray.
The Zoom HOST is responsible for admitting people throughout sessions, and helping to unmute participants as appropriate, in response to each PASTOR leading their allocated time slot.
The call in Joel 1 is for all “leaders and inhabitants” to gather together. We are a beautiful tapestry from many different churches and will therefore have different ways of flowing in worship and prayer. God can use it all and it will be a blessing as we gather before Him in humility and celebrate variety that is before us.
“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.” – Heb 11:1-2
“Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we can ask or imagine, according to His power that is AT WORK WITHIN US, to Him be glory in the church and Christ Jesus…" – Eph 3:20
Please share the event and invitation amongst your network of influence and encourage believers to come together, humble ourselves and stand in gap. This is an opportunity for the body of Christ to come together and intercede!
Really looking forward to worshipping and praying with you all.
We love you and pray for you!
Being His Presence In Every Place