A Welcome Surprise!
Gathering as the house of the Lord is a source of Godly joy! Psalm 122 highlights this for us. I add bold lettering for your convenience:
Psalm 122 NIV
I was glad when they said to me,
“Let us go to the house of the Lord.”
And now here we are,
standing inside your gates, O Jerusalem.
Jerusalem is a well-built city;
its seamless walls cannot be breached.
All the tribes of Israel—the Lord’s people—
make their pilgrimage here.
They come to give thanks to the name of the Lord,
as the law requires of Israel.
Here stand the thrones where judgment is given,
the thrones of the dynasty of David.
Pray for peace in Jerusalem.
May all who love this city prosper.
O Jerusalem, may there be peace within your walls
and prosperity in your palaces.
For the sake of my family and friends, I will say,
“May you have peace.”
For the sake of the house of the Lord our God,
I will seek what is best for you, O Jerusalem.
When we gather we reap the following benefits:
- We are built up spiritually
- We receive wisdom to make wise judgements
- We pray for our world
- We receive peace
- God’s purposes prosper
- Our family and friends benefit from it
- We prioritise what is best in God’s perspectiveFor these reasons, we are very excited about the next season!
For these reasons, we are very excited about the next season!
A welcome surprise!
We celebrate every bit of freedom regained after the Covid “lockdown” has been with us! This past Sunday’s announcement by Dan Andrews was quite a surprise as it included possibilities not suggested by The Roadmap previously used. What great news that we can now receive people in groups larger than 20 indoors, up to a maximum of 150! This has led to various discussions with key leaders and volunteers as to what would be a feasible strategy going forward. In the light of this and the feedback from the church survey we have decided the following:
Our Online services will continue for the next 4 weeks at the usual time of:
With immediate effect (29 November) for 3 Sundays only for 2020 we will pilot a Covid Normal service @ 10:00am physically ONSITE AT THE CHURCH!
- Bookings for the pilot services are compulsory due to CovidSafe regulations and can be done on trybooking.
- Every individual who wants to attend needs to be booked in (parents can book for their children).
- Bookings are to be opened up for the whole of the church ánd visitors on trybooking.
- On entrance, bookings will be confirmed for the sake of contact tracing.
- Bookings can be made for any/all of the services of the 29th of November, 6th, and 13th of December.
- There will be activity sheets for the kids at the services. This will make it a fun event for them as well.
- Bookings for the 9am service on Christmas Day can also be made on trybooking. This service is now open for booking. I suggest you book in early for this one as it is going to be a wonderfully packaged 60-minute Christmas event for the whole family! Bookings will close at 11:59pm on the day before the service or when capacity has been reached.
Book your attendance on trybooking here.
Please Note: FROM 26th of December to the January 10th there will be NO ONLINE OR ONSITE SERVICES. We will relaunch both of these options on Sunday January 17th. More details coming.
We have arranged the seating and aisles in the Auditorium in such a way that it allows for Physical Distancing as well as ease of flow of people.
Christmas series, The Way In The Manger.
In the lead up to Christmas, you may be busy putting up decorations, purchasing and wrapping gifts, and putting in place ways to celebrate. For some this includes the playing of Christmas Carols. Perhaps you could even sing along with some of the lines from the children’s carol, ‘Away in a manger’ – yet behind the traditional image surrounding Jesus birth there is a greater, richer understanding of the one who became ‘The Way in the Manger’. Enrich your experience this Christmas by watching online or physically attending Berwick Church of Christ for a special Christmas series. There are limited spots onsite, so book in early.
Communion onsite and online this weekend!
This coming Sunday we will serve CovidSafe communion onsite! We have purchased specially designed communion elements that would make it possible for us to have communion. I've included a picture of this for you. If you are going to follow us Online please prepare your own communion elements as it will be part of the online service as well.
Worship Pastor Role
As we look forward towards 2021 we are expecting a great year of renewed impact. One of these areas of impact is our Worship Services and we are in the process of receiving applications for the Worship Pastor role for 2021. Please pray for us, so we would find the right individual that would want to serve our church in this capacity. Should you know someone that would be a great candidate, please tap them on the shoulder and encourage them to apply!
The past weekend’s Fuse gathering was a great success! Teens can just turn up for this great opportunity to enjoy a spiritually healthy and safe environment.
Thank you for being the wonderful church you are…
We love you and pray for you!
Being His Presence In Every Place